BABY & CHILD COURSES
BABY FIRST AID
Caring for newborns and babies is the most magical and special time. It can however also be a time of worry for parents & carers if babies become unwell or injured. Knowing what to do in the event of an accident or emergency gives you peace of mind and confidence that you can help your baby, if so required.
This course covers topics relevant for the developmental stages of your baby’s first year of life as well as covering simple life saving skills. It is delivered in a friendly, supportive and engaging environment to enhance learning and developing new skills & knowledge. There is no prior knowledge or experience required. The course is designed to reassure you and build your confidence, with lots of engaging practice during the session. This will help teach you to remain calm and give first aid to your baby if ever needed.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
This course is perfect for parents, expectant parents, antenatal groups, parent & baby groups, grandparents, carers of newborns and babies, family members. No previous experience or knowledge required.
Topics covered will be relevant for the different stages of your baby’s first year of life; Newborns, Babies around 6months+ and Babies around 9months+
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Unresponsive baby
- Baby recovery position
- Baby CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Rash: meningitis awareness
- Febrile convulsion
- Bumps to head
Duration & venue: This is a 2.5hr course. Courses are held locally at our venues or we are very happy if you would like to host a session at your own home for a min group of 4 people. Call or email if you are interested in hosting a session at your home.
Assessment: Continuous support & guidance by trainer. Certificate of learning for everyones personal use will be given to all attending. This certificate is not certified for professional use.
Babies: Babies under 12months are very welcome.
KIDS CLUB FIRST AID
This is a very exciting first aid course for children aged 7-11yrs. The Kids Club will teach children to stay safe, help themselves, help others and call for help. A really fun, engaging and interactive way for children to learn the basics of first aid – this course empowers primary school children with life saving skills – which are skills for life.
Here at ABCPR we work with Early Years Teachers and Educational Practitioners to ensure the best learning experience appropriate for the children’s ages while ensuring it is enjoyable and fun using lots of interactive activities!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
Children aged 7-11yrs can participate in this course. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Staying Safe & communication
- Calling for help & knowing where you are
- Learn about the emergency services; Paramedics, Doctors, Nurses, First Aiders
- Recovery position
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Duration & venue: This is a 2hr course with a break included for the kids to refresh. Courses are held locally at our venues which you can book below or we are very happy if you would like us to deliver a session for your own private group – a minimum of 6 children. Call or email if you are interested in us delivering a private group course.
Assessment: Continuous support & guidance by trainer during the activities. All children will be issued a Kids Club First Aid Certificate & Mini First Aid Kit!
ESSENTIAL FIRST AID
This course is specifically designed for those looking to take a basic first aid course to learn how to help in an adult or child emergency and know what actions to take in the event of accidents and injuries. All the most common and relevant topics for both adult and child first aid are covered during this course.
This course is very supportive and engaging and most importantly made relevant to your needs. A relaxed yet informative environment to create a fun and interactive learning experience for all. No prior knowledge or experience required. The aim is that you leave the course feeling more confident and informed about how to help, if ever required, during an emergency or for accidents & injuries.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
For all members of the public! Including…
- Parents & Grandparents, Children & Teenagers, Baby sitters, Nannies & Au Pairs who do not need to be Ofsted registered – if you need Ofsted registration please see our Paediatric Course page
- Teachers & school staff, Staff from Charities & Local Authorities, Staff working with Children, in Youth organisations and Kids clubs, Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers
- Sports Clubs & Organisations requiring Basic First Aid (extra topics relevant to sports injuries included – visit our Sports Essential First Aid Course page). Sports professionals needing a basic First Aid qualification – should you need a regulated qualification please visit our EFAW – Sports Course page
- Young people from age 12yrs are welcomed onto this course, if under age 16yrs though you must be accompanied by an adult. Adults can be responsible for 2 young people per course, adults must book a place too if they wish to learn on the course and receive a certificate of learning.
- Communication, casualty care & looking after yourself
- Unconscious adult & child, including Recovery Position
- Adult & Child CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- How and when to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Choking Adults & Child
- Bleeding – minor & major
- Head injuries
- Seizures & febrile convulsions
- Chest Pain
Duration & venue: This is a 3.5hr course. Courses are held locally at our venues which you can book below or we are very happy if you would like us to deliver a session for your own group – a minimum of 6 people. Call or email if you are interested in us delivering a private group course.
Assessment: Continuous support & guidance by trainer during practical activities. You will be issued an ABCPR Training – Essential First Aid: Adult & Child Certificate, valid for three years.