ESSENTIAL FIRST AID
This course is specifically designed for those looking to take a basic first aid course to learn how to help in an adult or child emergency and know what actions to take in the event of accidents and injuries. All the most common and relevant topics for both adult and child first aid are covered during this course.
This course is very supportive and engaging and most importantly made relevant to your needs. A relaxed yet informative environment to create a fun and interactive learning experience for all. No prior knowledge or experience required. The aim is that you leave the course feeling more confident and informed about how to help, if ever required, during an emergency or for accidents & injuries.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
For all members of the public! Including…
- Parents & Grandparents, Children & Teenagers, Baby sitters, Nannies & Au Pairs who do not need to be Ofsted registered – if you need Ofsted registration please see our Paediatric Course page
- Teachers & school staff, Staff from Charities & Local Authorities, Staff working with Children, in Youth organisations and Kids clubs, Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers
- Sports Clubs & Organisations requiring Basic First Aid (extra topics relevant to sports injuries included – visit our Sports Essential First Aid Course page). Sports professionals needing a basic First Aid qualification – should you need a regulated qualification please visit our EFAW – Sports Course page
- Young people from age 12yrs are welcomed onto this course, if under age 16yrs though you must be accompanied by an adult. Adults can be responsible for 2 young people per course, adults must book a place too if they wish to learn on the course and receive a certificate of learning.
- Communication, casualty care & looking after yourself
- Unconscious adult & child, including Recovery Position
- Adult & Child CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- How and when to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Choking Adults & Child
- Bleeding – minor & major
- Head injuries
- Seizures & febrile convulsions
- Chest Pain
Duration & venue: This is a 3.5hr course. Courses are held locally at our venues which you can book below or we are very happy if you would like us to deliver a session for your own group – a minimum of 6 people. Call or email if you are interested in us delivering a private group course.
Assessment: Continuous support & guidance by trainer during practical activities. You will be issued an ABCPR Training – Essential First Aid: Adult & Child Certificate, valid for three years.
COMMUNITY LIFE SUPPORT
In the UK, less than 10% of cardiac arrests that occur outside of hospital actually survive a resuscitation attempt. The Resuscitation Council RC(UK), the Department of Health, ambulance services and voluntary aid organisations have stated that improving this figure is a major priority.
By increasing awareness, training and empowering more people in the community to be able to provide bystander CPR and use an AED (automated external defibrillator), thousands more lives a year could be saved – the chances of survival from a cardiac arrest can be more than doubled (RC(UK)).
This Community Life Support course provided by ABCPR will enable members of the public to easily learn the basic techniques of CPR & use of an AED in order to feel confident they can help in the event of witnessing a cardiac arrest in the community. A relaxed, engaging & informative course teaching life saving skills that really can make a life saving difference to victims of cardiac arrest.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
This is a perfect course to bring communities together; community groups, neighbourhood groups, local clubs, youth groups, groups of friends & family, walking groups… the list is endless! This course is suitable for everyone 12yrs and over in the community who wish to learn the skills of CPR & use of an AED. Anyone under the age of 16yrs need to be accompanied by an adult.
- What is a Cardiac Arrest
- Staying safe & calling for help
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation CPR (Adults)
- When & How to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Duration & venue: This is a 2hr course.
Courses can be held in one of our venues local to you or at a venue of your choice which you can book below or we are very happy if you would like us to deliver a session for your own private group. Call or email if you are interested in us delivering a private group course.
Assessment: Continuous support & guidance by trainer. You will be issued a Certificate for Community Life Support: Adult and this will be valid for three years.
Booking: Call or email if you are interested in us delivering a group course (min 6 people) 07900804606 email@example.com